Different from film-type pictures, digital photos can be easily deleted by pressing the “Delete” button carelessly or mistakenly, a threatening feature for digital cameras, like Nikon D5, D500, etc. One wrong move may delete all your valuable pictures. The good news is that all deleted photos are not really gone after deletion. Only the storage where they’ve been stayed are marked as blank for reuse. Therefore, with a proper photo recovery tool, you can recover deleted photos from Nikon D5/D500 DSLR camera with ease.
First thing goes first: Stop using your Nikon camera once the deletion happens, like capturing new photos or videos, avoiding deleted photos from being overwritten.
How to recover deleted photos from Nikon DSLR camera?
First of all, get a photo recovery tool of Nikon D5/D500 here: aPubsoft Photo Recovery for Nikon DSLR Camera (compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP), or aPubsoft Nikon DSLR Camera Photo Recovery for Mac (compatible with Mac OS Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, etc). Both of the software supports the recovery of photos, video and audio files from Nikon D5 and D500, etc., no matter you lost them due to deletion, formatting or other reasons.
Free Download Nikon Photo Recovery:
Note: To recover photos from Nikon D5/D500 DSLR camera, remember to stop using your Nikon camera. Capturing new photos will cause your deleted data being overwriting, which will make Nikon photo recovery more difficult or even impossible.
1. Connect Nikon D5/D500 DSLR camera to Mac with USB cable or connect its SD memory card to Mac via SD card reader.
2. Install and start the aPubsoft Nikon Photo Recovery. Select the media drive and click on the “Scan Now” button.
3. When the scanning process is over, you will see a list of recoverable files in the scanning result. Preview and select the photos you want to recover.
4. Finally click “Recover”, and you will be able to retrieve deleted photos from your Nikon D5/D500 DSLR camera.
Learn More about aPubsoft Nikon Photo Recovery Software:
- Support recovering photos from all Nikon camera series, such as, Nikon Coolpix AW100, AW110, L26, L28, L610, L820, L810, L820, P310, P330, P510, P520, P7100, P7700, S01, S30, S31, S100, S800C, S3300, S4300, S5200, S6200, S6300, S6500, S8200, S9300, S9500, and digital SLR camera Nikon D3, D3X, D4, D300S, D600, D700, D800, D810, D3200, D5200, D5600, D7100, and more.
- Recover not only regular image formats, such as JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG, TIFF, JP2, INDD, PSD, PSP, MOS, PCT, but also Nikon RAW photo images like RNW and NEF.
- Besides recovering photos, Mac Nikon Photo Recovery software also can recover lost videos in AVI, WMV, MOV, MPEG, MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, MKV, etc format.