Offering a more conventional form factor and packing in UHD 4K video recording, Fujifilm X-T2 Mirrorless Digital Camera certainly aims to fill the needs of many working professionals. Equipped with a 24.3MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS III image sensor and the X-Processor Pro Engine, users will be able to capture finely detailed imagery quickly and with low noise at sensitivities up to ISO 51200. The powerful combination permits rapid image capture at up to 8 fps with full AF tracking or at up to 14 fps using the silent electronic shutter.
If you’ve accidentally deleted photos or videos from your Fujifilm X-T2 and thought that all those photos and videos are gone with the deletion, you’re wrong. You still have a chance to retrieve them.
What you need: Fujifilm X-T2, a USB cable (or a card reader), a computer, and Photo Recovery Software
Recover deleted photos/videos from Fujifilm X-T2 on Mac
Note: Stop using your Fujifilm X-T2 after you realized photo loss. It means that don’t using your Fujifilm X-T2 to capture new photos or videos. New photos and videos will overwrite your lost data. Once overwriting happens, you can’t recover lost data any more.
1. Install and set up Fujifilm X-T2 photo recovery software on your computer. If you don’t have one, here is my recommendation: aPubsoft Photo Recovery for Mac (compatible with Mac OS Sierra, El Capitan) or aPubsoft Photo Recovery for Windows (compatible with Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP). It allows you to recover all deleted photos, video and audio files from Fujifilm X-T2.
2. Connect your Fujifilm X-T2 to the computer with a USB cable, or take out of the SD Card to connect it to Mac with a card reader. When the card is detected by Mac, it will display as a removable media in Mac.
3. Run the aPubsoft Photo Recovery for Mac as the best Fujifilm X-T2 Photo Recovery on Your Mac, and your SD Card will display on the main interface with its detailed file name and type information. Select the card and hit right-bottom “Filter Options”.
4. Select specific photo/video file types to recover. Click “photo” or “video” drop-down list, select and check the photo/video file types you want to recover for your Fujifilm X-T2 SD Card. Then click “OK” and “Start Scan” button to start the scanning process.
5. After the scan, you can preview the lost photos/videos to check the quality, then mark those you want and click “Recover” button to restore Fujifilm X-T2 lost photos or videos on Mac OS(Sierra, El Capitan, etc).
Note: Don’t save the recovered photos/videos on your Fujifilm X-T2 camera or the SD/SDHC/SDXC Card again. Find another place for it like on your computer or other external disk, for safety’s sake.
Tip: If you are a Windows user, you can follow the steps above to recover deleted photos/videos from Fujifilm X-T2 on Windows 10/8/7/XP.